Recently a number of papers on St. Thomas have been published in both Polish and foreign academic journals. Here is a selection of them:
„American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly”, vol. 93/1, Winter 2019:
- Julie Loveland Swanstrom (Augustana University), Creation as Efficient Causation in Aquinas (at the Purdue University webpage you may download a PhD thesis by this author, entitled The Metaphysics of Causation in the Creation Accounts of Avicenna and Aquinas);
- Randall G. Colton (Kenrick-Glennon Seminary), St. Thomas, Teaching, and the Intellectual Virtue of Art (at Academia.edu there is a number of papers by this author, concerning among others the issue of learning and understanding in St. Thomas Aquinas – available texts are marked with „PDF” abbreviation);
- Steven J. Jensen (University of St. Thomas), Proto-Sin: A Case Study and Michael Barnwell (Niagara University), The Root of Sin is Still Undiscovered: A Counter-reply to Jensen – it is a continuation of a debate by these two scholars on the roots of sin according to Aquinas and the extent to which St. Thomas’ concept is satisfactory. Previous papers in this debate: Michael Barnwell, The Problem with Aquinas’s Original Discovery („American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly”, vol. 89/2, Spring 2015) and Steven Jensen, Aquinas’s Original Discovery. A Reply to Barnwell („American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly”, vol. 92/1, Winter 2018; Jensen refers to this topic also in his book on Aquinas’s understanding of sin, already discussed at our webpage).
„New Blackfriars”, vol. 100, January 2019:
- Reginald Mary Chua OP (University of Divinity), Aquinas on Temperance (at Academia.edu a working version of this paper is available);
- Paul M. Rogers, Thomas Aquinas, Prophecy, and the „Scientific” Character of Sacred Doctrine (at Orygenes.pl webpage you may watch another lecture by this Author: Prophecy and the Moral Life in Thomas Aquinas’s Commentary on 1 Corinthians).
„Scottish Journal of Theology”, vol. 71/4, November 2018:
- Robert Miner (Baylor University), Infused virtue as virtue simply: the centrality of the Augustinian definition in Summa theologiae I/2.55–67 (Article in open access. Miner is also an author of the book Thomas Aquinas on the Passions. A Study of Summa Theologiae, Ia-IIae 22-48; long excerpts from the book are available at Google Books. At Academia.edu webpage you may find another papers by this author: The Difficulties of Mercy. Reading Thomas Aquinas on Misericordia and Thomas Aquinas and Hans Urs von Balthasar: A Dialogue on Love and Charity).
„Biblica et Patristica Thoruniensia”, vol. 11/3, 2018 (all papers in open access, available for download as PDF):
- Piotr Goniszewski (Szczecin University), The Men Redeemed or Unredeemed? Interpretations of Rom 7:14‒25 in Aquinas’s Super Epistolam B. Pauli ad Romanos lectura and in Contemporary Exegesis;
- Mirosław Mróz (Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń), „Be Strong in the Lord” (Eph 6:10). The Role of the Virtue of Fortitude in Christian Life in the Light of the Commentary on the Epistle to the Ephesians by St. Thomas Aquinas;
- Marcin Trepczyński (Warsaw University), Aquinas’s Exegesis of Ps. 51(50) as a Tool of Christian Education.
„Scientia et Fides”, vol. 6/2, 2018 (all papers in open access, available for download as PDF):
- Daniel De Haan (University of Cambridge), The Interaction of Noetic and Psychosomatic Operations in a Thomist Hylomorphic Anthropology;
- Mirosław Mróz (UNicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń), Physiological and Psychological Foundation of Virtues: Thomas Aquinas and Modern Challenges of Neurobiology.